Latest News (most recent first) - Instant channels enable safe Lightning payments with unconfirmed funding Beta - Feb 10, 2019 - Voyager, New trading app from Uber & E-Trade execs announce launch date - Feb 9, 2019 - bumi/blockstream_satellite ruby gem for the Blockstream Satellite API - Feb 8, 2019 - New Zap Desktop 0.3.4 is out. New features, massive performance - Feb 8, 2019 - New release: @lightning desktop app v0.4.0-alpha - Feb 8, 2019 - valerio-vaccaro/Liquid-dashboard - Feb 7, 2019 - Japanese SBI Holdings will allow trading of coins - March 2019 - lnd v0.5.2-beta released - Feb 6, 2019 - Koala studios launches online LN gaming platform - Feb 6, 2019 - Independent Reserve has become the first #crypto exchange in Australia to be insured, with coverage underwritten by Lloyd's of London. - Feb 6, 2019 - Coinbase announces BTC support for their mobile (keep your own keys) wallet - Feb 6, 2019 - Blockstream published a new open source Proof of Reserves tool. - Feb 5, 2019 - RTL release v0.1.14-alpha - Feb 5, 2019 - dr-orlovsky/typhon-spec spec for new trestles side chain published - Feb 5, 2019 - Payment requests coming soon to BTCPay. - Feb 5th, 2019 - Kraken Acquires Futures Startup In Deal Worth At Least $100 Million - Feb 5th, 2019 - Next Blockchain cruise scheduled for June 9-13 - Feb 4, 2019 - Work on a GoTenna plugin to Electrum wallet in progress - Feb 4, 2019 - Bitcoin Candy Dispensers being open sourced - Feb 4, 2019 - New release of JoinMarket v0.5.3 - Feb 4, 2019 - Prime Trust won’t charge its clients to custody digital assets any longer. - Feb 4, 2019 - nodogsplash/nodogsplash wifi access using LN - Feb 3, 2019 - @tippin_me Receive tips using Lightning Network adds message feature - Feb 3, 2019 - Bitcoin-for-Taxes Bill in NH Unanimously Approved by House Subcommittee - Feb 3, 2019 - Full support for native segwit merged into bitcoinj - Feb 3, 2019 - Bitfury is partnering with financial services firm Final Frontier! - Feb 2, 2019 - Now you can open #LightningNetwork channels in @LightningJoule - Feb 2, 2019 - Integrating Blockstream’s Liquid payments on SideShift AI - Feb 1, 2019 - Wyoming legislature passes bill to recognize cryptocurrency as money - Feb 1, 2019 - Casa is open sourcing the code for the Casa Node - Feb 1, 2019 - Casa Browser Extension released - v0.5.2-beta-rc6 of lnd, full release getting very close now - Feb 1, 2019 - Tallycoin adds subscriptions and paywall features in bid to rival Patreon - Jan 31, 2019 - Static channel backup PR merged into LN - Jan 31, 2019 - The NYDFS grants another Bitlicense to ATM operator - Jan 31, 2019 - @pwuille currently proposing the “MiniScript” language to describe BTC output locking conditions for practical composition - Jan 31, 2019 - Fidelity is in the “final testing” phase for its new digital asset business - Jan 31, 2019 - Hardware wallet PR #109 just got merged so that @Trezor no longer requires user interaction for PIN - Jan 31, 2019 - CBOE, VanEck & SolidX filed a new & improved bitcoin ETF proposal. - Jan 31, 2019 - Casa Node code is now open sourced - Jan 31, 2019 - Next Bitoin halving in roughly 497 days - Jan 31, 2019 - BTCPay released 126.96.36.199 - Jan 31, 2019 - @binance now lets users purchase cryptos using Visa and Mastercard credit. - Jan 31, 2019 - Bitfury to Launch Bitcoin Operations in Paraguay - Jan 31, 2019 - Coinbase introduces very generous affiliate program - Jan 30, 2019 - DOJO Trusted Node bitcoin full node. Coming Early 2019 - Jan 30, 2019 - FastBitcoins.com Enables Cash-for-Bitcoin Exchange Via the Lightning Network - Jan 30, 2019 - TD Ameritrade says clients want cryptocurrency investment options - company plans major announcement in 'first half of 2019' - Jan 30, 2019 - Storage component of Fidelity's @DigitalAssets live, with some assets under management, @nikhileshde - Jan 29, 2019 - lightning mainnet has reached 600 BTC capacity - Jan 29, 2019 - Drivechain shows picture of Grin side chain and suggests might be ready in 2 month - Jan 29, 2019 - Lightning labs iOS neutrino wallet in testing stage now - Jan 29, 2019 - Aliant offering cryptocurrency processing free-of-charge - Jan 29, 2019 - Chainstone’s Regulator product to manage assets on the way - Jan 29, 2019 - Fidelity Investments’ new crypto custody service may officially launch in March. - Jan 29, 2019 - Gemini's becomes FIRST crypto EXCHANGE and CUSTODIAN to complete a SOC 2 Review by Deloitte - Jan 29, 2019 - Iran has lifted the ban on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency - Jan 29, 2019 - Confidential Transactions being added into Litecoin announcement - Jan 28, 2019 - http://FastBitcoins.com
Enables Cash-for-Bitcoin Exchange Via the Lightning Network - Jan 28, 2019 - Germany’s largest online food delivery platform now accepts btc - Jan 27, 2019 - Launching a Bitcoin Developers School in Switzerland - Jan 27, 2019 - RTL release v0.1.13-alpha Lightning Build repository released - Jan 27, 2019 - The first pay-per-page fantasy novel available to Lightning Network. - Jan 27, 2019 - Numerous tools become available to write messages transmitted with Blockstream Satellite - Jan 26, 2019; - BTCPay 188.8.131.52 released - Jan 26,2019 - WordPress + WooCommerce + BTCPay Plugin is now live - Jan 25, 2019 - Juan Guaido has been promoting #Bitcoin since 2014 is new interim president of Venezuela - Jan 25, 2019 - Morgan Creek funds @RealBlocks - Jan 25, 2019 - Coinbase integrates TurboTax - Jan 25, 2019 - Robinhood received Bitlicense - Jan 25, 2019 - Anchor Labs launches custody - Jan 25, 2019 - NYSE Arca files w/ @BitwiseInvest for BTC ETF approval - Jan 25, 2019 - South Korea, Seoul, Busan & Jeju Island currently working to create pro crypto economic zones. - Jan 25, 2019 - valerio-vaccaro/Liquid-dashboard - Jan 25, 2019 - Bermuda to launch crypto friendly bank - Jan 25, 2019 - Mobile Bitcoin Wallet BRD Raises $15 Million, Plans for Expansion in Asia - Jan 25, 2019 - BullBitcoin rolling out alpha access of platform - Jan 25, 2019 - Electrum Wallet Release 3.3.3 - Jan 25, 2019 - Bitrefill, purchase Bitcoin and have it delivered directly over LN - Jan 25, 2019 - South Korean crypto exchange Bithumb looking to go public in USA - Jan 24, 2019 - Bitcoin Exchanges Don’t Need Money Transmitter Licenses in Pennsylvania - Jan 24, 2019 - US; New Hampshire Bill Aims to Legalize Bitcoin for State Payments in 2020 - Jan 24, 2019 - Robinhood, LibertyX Receive Licenses from New York Regulators - Jan 24, 2019 - Bakkt Bitcoin futures contract details released - Jan 24, 2019 - Blockstream CryptoFeed V3 now includes 30+ venues and 200M+ updates per day - Jan 24, 2019 - Binance Jersey – The Latest Binance European Exchange - Jan 2019
- Bitfury Rolls Out Lightning Peach, Its Own Suite of Lightning Tools - Jan 24, 2019
- Good news. v3.6.2 just hit the play store for Android. - Jan 24, 2019
- Bitrefill - LN now accounts for more payments than alts - Jan 24, 2019
- proofd.app allows you to store a checksum of a doc on the blockchain - Jan 24, 2019
- 487 days until bitcoin halving - Jan 23, 2019
- New #GalaxyS10 coming with ‘Samsung Blockchain KeyStore’- Jan 24, 2019
- Proof-of-Reserves tool for Bitcoin github.com/stevenroose/reserves - Jan 24, 2019
- Lightning Network Pac-Man Arcade introduced - Jan 23, 2019
- bitlum.io - mainnet Lightning Network Bitcoin wallet beta ready - Jan 23, 2019
- Paywithmoon beta browser extension lets you shop directly on http://Amazon.com from Coinbase account - Jan 23, 2009
- Cboe pulls its long-awaited bitcoin ETF application as government is shutdown. Will refile later on - Jan 23, 2019
- Coinbase is focusing on expanding its trading platform throughout Asia. - Jan 23, 2019
- The Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities (DoBS) says cryptocurrency exchanges in the state do not require Money Transmission Business Licenses. - Jan 23, 2019
- Seed CX Chicago-based exchange startup launched a bitcoin spot trading market for major clients - Jan 23, 2019
- Bitcoin [BTC] payments could go live on Japanese E-Commerce giant Rakuten soon - Jan 23, 2019
- South Africa releases draft cryptocurrency regulation, which will implement bank management of Bitcoin - Jan 23, 2019
- 184.108.40.206 Btcpay released Jan 23 2019
- LibrePatron has been integrated to the btcpayserver-docker project - Jan 23 2019
- LightningPeach simple access to instant and cheap payments - Dec 2019
- Expect JP Morgan To Use Bakkt’s Infrastructure - Jan 2019
- Tallycoin introduces paid posts (like @YallsOrg) and subscriptions (like Patreon) - Jan 2019
- Eclair Mobile v0.3.17 - Jan 2019
- Bitcoin Sidechain RSK Name Service (RNS) - Jan 2019
- new zap iOS alpha - Jan 2019
- Release Candidate of RaspiBlitz 1.0 is out - Jan 2019
- Joule release is up (0.4.0) - Jan 2019
- Wyoming #blockchain bills have passed their house of origination & are moving to the other house - Jan 2019
- Cyphernode v0.1.1 released - Jan 2019
- BitBlenderhas an option to pay Lightning Bolt 11 invoices - Jan 2019
- Dutch bank ABN AMRO experiments with own Bitcoin custody services - Jan 2019
- Hold invoice feature close to being added for lnd. Allows receiver to choose whether to settle or cancel - Jan 2019
- Bakkt is looking to make a slew of hires to build out its digital asset ecosystem, mobile app - Jan 2019
- https://github.com/michaelsdunn1/rpi-lightning-node-ansible deploying LN on Raspberry Pi - Jan 2019
- Coinbase intros cross-border wire transfers, expanded trading/custody services for Asia, U.K. & Europe institutional customers - Jan 2019
- Davos: First-ever Arabic and Hindi translations of the Satoshi white paper. - Jan 2019
- ACINQ/eclair-mobile - 478 - Jan 24, 2009
- bitcoin/bitcoin commits - 19354 - Jan 24, 2009
- lightningnetwork/lnd - 6153 commits - Jan 24, 2019
- c-lightning 5143 - Jan 24, 2019
- rust-bitcoin/rust-lightning - 834 - Jan 25, 2019
- lightninglabs/neutrino - 406 - Jan 25, 2019
- bitcoinj/bitcoinj - 3180 - Feb 9, 2019
- BlueWallet/BlueWallet - 901 - Feb 9, 2019
- Blockstream/satellite - 189 - Feb 9, 2019
Nodes and Market Dominance
- Bitcoin nodes 9964 - Jan 24, 2019
- Bitcoin market dominance 52.4% - Jan 24, 2019
- Bitcoin Core 0.17.1 - Dec 2018
- MAST Smart contracts - TBA
- Testnet release of Schnorr signature - TBA
- Mainnet release of Schnorr signature - TBA
- Bitcoin node count reaches 15,000 - TBA
- Next Halving - May 2, 2020
- Over $3.2 trillion was sent using bitcoin - 2018
- Grayscale launching Stellar fund - Jan 2019
- Nasdaq / VanEck Bitcoin Futures - Q1, 2019
- CBOE-backed VanEck/SolidX Bitcoin ETF - February 27, 2019.
- Bakkt acquires “certain assets” of RCG - Jan 2019
- Bakkt trading - April 2019
- Winklevoss ETF - June 2019
- Fidelity starts selling Bitcoin - June 2019
- Bitmain declares bankruptcy - TBA
- Neutrino - Dec 2018 (available in lnd node)
- LN Channel splicing - June 2019
- LN Sphinx-send - June 2019
- LN eltoo and Channel Factories - TBA
- Atomic Multi-Path Payments (AMP) main net - TBA
- LN node count reaches 10,000 - TBA
- LN: Watchtowers - TBA
- LND channel fund backups - TBA
- LN on Electrum - JTBA
- LN Splicing capability - TBA
- Mainnet release of Lightning Labs desktop - TBA
- Mainnet release of Lightning Labs mobile - JTBA
- 2-3 Major exchanges integrate LN - TBA
- Coinbase integrates LN - TBA
Will update this section when I hear new developments
- Samourai 0.99.05 - Staggered Delivery to Ricochet - Jan 2019
- Ledger X shipping - Mar 2019
- Hardware wallet integrations for Wasabi - TBA
- Hardware wallet integrations for LN - TBA
- Eclair v0.2-beta9 - Jan 2019
- lnd v0.5.1-beta - Nov 2018
- Ride The Lightning - A full feature web app for managing LND node - Jan 2019
LN Extensions / Launchers
- LightningJoule - chrome ext - Jan 2019
- tippin_me - tip jar - Jan 2019
- Cyphernode_io - API kit - Jan 2019
- Pierre Rochard's lnd launcher - Jan 2019
- Blockstream Blockchain Explorer - Dec 2018
LN Desktop wallets:
- Zap Desktop v0.3.3-beta - Jan 2019
LN Mobile wallets:
- BlueWallet - Dec 2018
- BlueWallet introduces Lapp Browser and Lapp Marketplace v3.6.0 - Jan 2019
- Wallet of Satoshi - 10,000 payments - Jan 2019
- Eclair Mobile v0.3.16 - Jan 2019
- Breez Wallet for Android - Jan 2019
- lntxbot (send and receive lightning payments via telegram) - Jan 2019
- zap wallet - Oct 2018
- Nodes: 6,035 nodes - Feb 8, 2019
- Nodes: 5,500, Channels 20,800 - Jan 2019
- Casa - Oct 2018
- Lightning In A Box - Dec 2018
- lndash - a Python dashboard for your LN node - Jan 2019
- glightning: a c-lightning plugin - Jan 2019
- BitPatron a Bitcoin Lightning Patreon Alternative - Jan 2019
- Crypto Garage issues a stablecoin pegged to JPY - Jan 2019
- Wyoming Introduces Bill Offering Cryptocurrencies Legal Clarity To Attract Blockchain Business - Jan 2019
- Binance Decentralized Exchange (DEX) - Jan 2019
- Coinstar launching BTC in stores - Jan 2019
- Coinstar adds #Bitcoin to 20,000+ machines worldwide - Jan 2019
- Binance Jersey opens - Jan 2019
- Indonesia’s First Billion-Dollar Unicorn Acquires Philippine Bitcoin Wallet coins.ph - Jan 2019
- Xapo shifting services from Hong Kong to Switzerland - Jan 2019
- LightningNetwork payments on @BTCBITNET exchange - Jan 2019
- BTCPAY offering fiat exchange - TBA
Please comment if you have any ideas on dates. Many of these dates are placeholders waiting for me to update. If you comment then I will update the post.
Note: you can read this on GitHub (link), Medium (link) or old Reddit (link) to see all the links. submitted by
: Version 1.3.0 RC1 (Release Candidate 1) is out! The main features of this release are significant performance improvements, including some that benefit SPV clients. Full release notes and downloads are on GitHub
The default minimum transaction fee rate was reduced from 0.001 to 0.0001 DCkB. Do not try to send such small fee transactions just yet, until the majority of the network upgrades.
Release process was changed
to use release branches and bump version on the master branch at the beginning of a release cycle. Discussed in this chat
The codebase is ready for the new Go 1.11 version. Migration to vgo module system is complete and the 1.4.0 release will be built using modules. The list of versioned modules and a hierarchy diagram are available here
The testnet was reset and bumped to version 3.
Comments are welcome for the proposal
to implement smart fee estimation, which is important for Lightning Network.
@matheusd recorded a code review video
for new Decred developers that explains how tickets are selected for voting. dcrwallet
: Version 1.3.0 RC1
features new SPV sync mode, new ticket buyer, new APIs for Decrediton and a host of bug fixes. On the dev side, dcrwallet also migrated
to the new module system. Decrediton
: Version 1.3.0 RC1
adds the new SPV sync mode that syncs roughly 5x faster. The feature is off by default while it receives more testing from experienced users. Other notable changes include a design polish and experimental Politeia integration. Politeia
: Proposal editing is being developed
and has a short demo
. This will allow proposal owners to edit their proposal in response to community feedback before voting begins. The challenges associated with this feature relate to updating censorship tokens and maintaining a clear history of which version comments were made on. @fernandoabolafio produced this architecture diagram
which may be of interest to developers.
@degeri joined to perform security testing of Politeia and found several issues
: mainnet explorer upgraded to v2.1 with several new features. For users: credit/debit tx filter on address page, showing miner fees on coinbase transaction page, estimate yearly ticket rewards on main page
, cool new hamburger menu and keyboard navigation. For developers: new chain parameters
page, experimental Insight API support, endpoints for coin supply and block rewards, testnet3 support. Lots of minor API changes and frontend tweaks, many bug fixes and robustness improvements.
The upcoming v3.0 entered beta and is deployed on beta.dcrdata.org
. Check out the new charts
page. Feedback and bug reports are appreciated. Finally, the development version v3.1.0-pre is on alpha.dcrdata.org
: updated to be compatible with the latest SPV code and is syncing, several performance issues are worked on. Details were posted in chat
. Alpha testing has started, to participate please join #dev
and ask for the APK. iOS
: backend is mostly complete, as well as the front end. Support for devices with smaller screens was improved. What works now: creating and recovering wallets, listing of transactions, receiving DCR, displaying and scanning QR codes, browsing account information, SPV connection to peers, downloading headers. Some bugs need fixing before making testable builds. Ticket splitting
: v0.6.0 beta released
with improved fee calculation and multiple bug fixes. docs
section that grouped some old articles as well as the new Politeia
@Richard-Red created a concept repository
sandbox with policy documents, to illustrate the kind of policies that could be approved and amended by Politeia proposals. decred.org
: 8 contributors
added and 4 removed, including 2 advisors (discussion here
Dev activity stats for August: 239 active PRs, 219 commits, 25k added and 11k deleted lines spread across 8 repositories. Contributions came from 2-10 developers per repository. (chart
Hashrate: went from 54 to 76 PH/s, the low was 50 and the new all-time high is 100 PH/s. BeePool share rose to ~50% while F2Pool shrank to 30%, followed by coinmine.pl at 5% and Luxor at 3%.
Staking: 30-day average ticket price is 95.6 DCR (+3.0) as of Sep 3. During the month, ticket price fluctuated between a low of 92.2 and high of 100.5 DCR. Locked DCR represented between 3.8 and 3.9 million or 46.3-46.9% of the supply.
Nodes: there are 217 public listening and 281 normal nodes per dcred.eu
. Version distribution: 2% at v1.4.0(pre) (dev builds), 5% on v1.3.0 (RC1), 62% on v1.2.0 (-5%), 22% on v1.1.2 (-2%), 6% on v1.1.0 (-1%). Almost 69% of nodes are v.1.2.0 and higher and support client filters. Data snapshot of Aug 31.
Obelisk posted 3 email updates
in August. DCR1 units are reportedly
shipping with 1 TH/s hashrate and will be upgraded with firmware to 1.5 TH/s. Batch 1 customers will receive compensation
for missed shipment dates, but only after Batch 5 ships. Batch 2-5 customers will be receiving the updated slim design
the new D9+ DecredMaster
: 2.8 TH/s at 1,230 W priced $1,499. Specified shipping date was Aug 10-15. FFMiner DS19
claims 3.1 TH/s for Blake256R14 at 680 W and simultaneously 1.55 TH/s for Blake2B at 410 W, the price is $1,299
. Shipping Aug 20-25.
Another newly noticed miner offer is this
unit that does 46 TH/s at 2,150 W at the price of $4,720. It is shipping Nov 2018 and the stats look very close to Pangolin Whatsminer DCR
(which has now a page on asicminervalue
joined the list of stakepools
for a total of 16.
Australian CoinTree added
DCR trading. The platform supports fiat, there are some limitations
during the upgrade to a new system but also no fees
in the "Early access mode". On a related note, CoinTree is working
on a feature to pay household bills with cryptocurrencies it supports.
Three new OTC desks were added to exchanges
page at decred.org.
Two mobile wallets integrated Decred:
- Coinomi added Decred to their Android and iOS wallets. In addition to the Apple App Store and Google Play you can download the APK directly. Coinomi features an integrated cryptocurrency exchange and is the first company to offer a mobile Decred wallet.
- BitBill Android and iOS wallet also added Decred.
Reminder: do your best to understand the security and privacy model before using any wallet software. Points to consider: who controls the seed, does the wallet talk to the nodes directly or via middlemen, is it open source or not?
- Bit Dials announced DCR support via GloBee at their bitdials.eu luxury boutique. Their separate supercar and classic car shop bitcars.eu also accepts DCR, either via GloBee or with manual invoicing in case of privacy concerns.
- Sheldon Store re-enabled DCR payments. The shop sells gift cards for Amazon, iTunes, Netflix and many more.
Targeted advertising report for August was posted by @timhebel. Facebook appeal is pending, some Google and Twitter campaigns were paused and some updated. Read more here
Contribution to the @decredproject
Twitter account has evolved over the past few months. A #twitter_ops channel is being used on Matrix to collaboratively draft and execute project account tweets (including retweets). Anyone with an interest in contributing to the Twitter account can ask for an invitation to the channel and can start contributing content and ideas there for evaluation by the Twitter group. As a result, no minority or unilateral veto over tweets is possible. (from GitHub
- Meetup in Puebla City, Mexico, organized by @elian. (photo, slides, missed in July issue)
- @joshuam discussed Decred and decentralized organizations with Craig Laundy, Federal Minister for Small Business, the Workplace, and Deregulation with the Australian Government, at @YBFVentures. (photos)
- Meetup at @TheBlockCafe in Lisbon, Portugal. @mm presented "Decred 101 - Governance with Skin in the Game" and @moo31337 talked about Decred's 2018 roadmap. (photos: 1 2 3)
- Meetup in Taipei, Taiwan. @morphymore made a short intro of Decred and noted: "After the talk, many have approached to tell me that they literally don’t hear of Decred until today, and are interested in finding out more about the merit of a hybrid consensus system.". Longer report here, some photos and a video are here.
- @eSizeDave introduced Decred to the SILC Undergraduate Program students at @YBFVentures. (photo)
- OKEx Global Meetup Tour in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. @joshuam gave a brief presentation covering the history of Decred, how the project functions, and the importance of governance. Afterwards he joined a panel discussion and spoke about Decred's incentives for long term viability. (video, video, photo)
- Blockchain & Decentralised Governance Panel at @YBFVentures in Melbourne, Australia. @eSizeDave presented Decred, mini-report here. (photos: 1 2)
- Blockchain Futurist Conference in Toronto, Canada. @zubairzia0 noted: "Devs and the community were held in high regard for the people who knew about decred ... one positive thing I remember was someone defending us saying 'Decred does not need a booth', I believe that comment was reflective of the quality of projects being showcased at the conference.". (photo)
- Meetup at @YBFVentures in Melbourne, Australia. @joshuam discussed Decred with Graham Stuart, U.K. Minister for International Trade. (news, photos)
- Small meetup with Jackson Palmer in Melbourne, Australia. (photo)
- Voice of Blockchain in Chicago, USA. @moo31337 talked on Protocol Governance panel, Solving Scalability panel (video) and gave an interview, while @ay-p spoke on Decentralized Exchanges panel. Stakey made an appearance on the slides. (photos: 1 2 3 4 5)
- Hawthorne Street Fair in Portland, USA. Raedah Group was out answering questions about crypto and Decred. (photos)
- Blockchain APAC in Melbourne, Australia. @joshuam joined a panel discussion with reps from banking, university and ISO/TC 307. @eSizeDave reports: "This enterprise conference was indeed a whole lot better than I expected. The presentations were actually full of very worthwhile information from credible people, articulated aptly to a very government, academic, and corporate crowd, who genuinely took on board valuable insights. Good to know some of these key people are Decred holders and stakers as well. I got to use the entire day to speak directly with some of the most pivotal personalities in this particular populace. Ongoing relationships have been built and strengthened.". (photos: 1 2 3)
For those willing to help with the events:
BAB: Hey all, we are gearing up for conference season. I have a list of places we hope to attend but need to know who besides @joshuam and @Haon are willing to do public speaking, willing to work booths, or help out at them? You will need to be well versed on not just what is Decred, but the history of Decred etc... DM me if you are interested. (#event_planning)
The Decred project is looking for ambassadors. If you are looking for a fun cryptocurrency to get involved in send me a DM or come talk to me on Decred slack. (@marco_peereboom, longer version here)
Decred Assembly episode 21 is available
. @jy-p and lead dcrwallet developer @jrick discussed SPV from Satoshi's whitepaper, how it can be improved upon and what's coming in Decred.
Decred Assembly episodes 1-21 are available in audio only format here
New instructional articles on stakey.club
: Decrediton setup
, Deleting the wallet
, Installing Go
, Installing dcrd
, dcrd as a Linux service
. Available in both English and Portuguese
Decred scored #32 in the August issue
of Chinese CCID ratings. The evaluation model was explained in this interview
Satis Group rated Decred highly in their cryptoasset valuation research report
). This was featured by several large media outlets, but some did not link to or omitted
Decred entirely, citing
low market cap.
- Decred Investor Interviews: Ciarán O’Leary, General Partner, BlueYard Capital (medium)
- Decred Update Research Report by Node Blockchain (medium), and the corresponding full 11-page report (Google Drive)
- Is Decred worth my time and money? by Fabien Pelissier (medium), and the full 13-page Decred Analysis (PDF)
- Decred for Custody Providers by @bee (medium)
- The 3 Best-Performing Cryptocurrencies in 2018 (nulltx.com, missed in July issue)
- Decred Review (vivecrypto.com, missed in July issue)
- What is Decred? Everything about Decred, the wallet and the hybrid consensus (Dutch, currentcrypto.nl)
- Decred overview (Japanese, cryptocoinportal.jp, note: Decred's Coco is Amazing, according to Google Translate)
- What is Dark Red (Decred)? (Japanese, billion-coin.jp)
- Decred is the neglected gem among altcoins (captainaltcoin.com)
- What are the characteristics of Decred and where to buy? (Japanese, motto-money.com)
- What is hybrid virtual currency Decred? Explanation of features and future potential (Japanese, investor-a.com)
- What is DCR? Introduction to Decred (cryptobriefing.com)
- Cryptocurrencies in the Top 100 With Working Products That Are In-Use (investinblockchain)
- Top 3 Coins Crushing it in 2018 so Far! - Decred, VeChain, Binance Coin! by Decentralized TV (youtube)
- Decred review by Ultimate Money (youtube, missed in July issue)
- Interview with Marco Peereboom by BitBoy Crypto (youtube)
- Twitter followers 39,592 (+174)
- Reddit subscribers 8,631 (+119)
- Matrix users 163
- Slack users 6,067 (+103)
- YouTube subscribers 3,667
- Facebook 3,048 followers and 2,814 likes
- GitHub 417 (+14) stars and 1,021 (+44) forks of dcrd repository
Comm systems news:
- Interruptions in the chat bridge led to some Slack messages not reaching other platforms, and consequently not being archived in Matrix.
- Several impersonators were detected and banned.
- Inactive Slack channels were archived. If you miss them, let it be known.
- Mastodon was mentioned by several people as a possible alternative for Twitter.
- Two new Reddit rules were added to prevent CAPS flood and duplicate submissions.
After another debate about chat systems more people began testing and using Matrix, leading to some gardening on that platform:
- Decred Matrix community was created: +decred:decred.org, it helps to see all Decred-related rooms and people.
- #privacy and #design are now bridged.
- One private work channel was successfully migrated to Matrix.
- Stylish room avatars were set.
- @Haon has prepared a short guide to help new Matrix users get started and join the Decred rooms.
- A thread was started to discuss changes to Decred jargon with the intent to make it more consistent and accessible to newcomers. The question whether changing "official" terminology requires stakeholder approval was touched in this thread and in #documentation.
- Project fund transparency and constitution were extensively discussed on Reddit and in #general.
- Pre-proposal to use Politeia to approve Politeia as a legitimate decision-making tool for Decred.
Reddit: substantive discussion about Decred cons
; ecosystem fund
; a thread
about voter engagement, Politeia UX and trolling; idea
of a social media system for Decred by @michae2xl; how profitable
is the Obelisk DCR1.
Chats: cross-chain trading
via LN; plans
for contractor management system, lower-level decision making and contractor privacy vs transparency for stakeholders; measuring
dev activity; what if
the network stalls, multiple implementations of Decred for more resilience, long term vision behind those extensive tests and accurate comments in the codebase; ideas
for process for policy documents, hosting them in Pi and approving with ticket voting; about
SPV wallet disk size, how compact filters work; odds
of a wallet fetching a wrong block in SPV; new module system
in Go; security
of allowing Android app backups; why
PoW algo change proposal must be specified in great detail; thoughts
and SPV; prerequisites
for shipping SPV by default (continued
); Decred vs Dash treasury and marketing expenses
, spending other people's money; why
Decred should not invade a country, DAO and nation states, entangling with nation state is poor resource allocation; how
winning tickets are determined and attack vectors; Politeia
proposal moderation, contractor clearance, the scale of proposals and decision delegation, initial Politeia vote to approve Politeia itself; chat systems
, Matrix/Slack/Discord/RocketChat/Keybase (continued
of Korean exchanges; no breaking changes
in vgo; why
project fund burn rate must keep low; asymptotic
behavior of Decred and other ccs, tail emission; count of full nodes
and incentives to run them; Politeia proposal translations
and multilingual environment.
An unusual event was the chat about double negatives and other oddities in languages in #trading
DCR started the month at USD 56 / BTC 0.0073 and had a two week decline. On Aug 14 the whole market took a huge drop
and briefly went below USD 200 billion. Bitcoin went below USD 6,000 and top 100 cryptos lost 5-30%. The lowest point coincided with Bitcoin dominance peak at 54.5%. On that day Decred dived -17% and reached the bottom of USD 32 / BTC 0.00537. Since then it went sideways in the USD 35-45 / BTC 0.0054-0.0064 range. Around Aug 24, Huobi showed DCR trading volume above USD 5M and this coincided with a minor recovery. @ImacallyouJawdy
posted some creative analysis based on ticket data.
an extensive article "ASIC Resistance is Nothing but a Blockchain Buzzword" that is much in line with Decred's stance on ASICs.
The ongoing debates
about the possible Sia fork
yet again demonstrate the importance of a robust dispute resolution mechanism. Also, we are lucky
to have the treasury.
Mark B Lundeberg, who found
a vulnerability in atomicswap earlier, published
a concept of more private peer-to-peer atomic swaps. (missed in July issue)
Medium took a cautious stance
on cryptocurrencies and triggered at least one project to migrate
to Ghost (that same project previously migrated
away from Slack).
Regulation: Vietnam bans
mining equipment imports, China halts
crypto events and tightens control of crypto chat groups.
Reddit was hacked
by intercepting 2FA codes sent via SMS. The announcement
explains the impact. Yet another data breach
suggests to think twice before sharing any data with any company and shift to more secure authentication systems.
Intel and x86 dumpsterfire keeps burning brighter
. Seek more secure hardware and operating systems for your coins.
Finally, unrelated to Decred but good for a laugh: yetanotherico.com
About This Issue
This is the 5th issue of Decred Journal. It is mirrored on GitHub
. Past issues are available here
Most information from third parties is relayed directly from source after a minimal sanity check. The authors of Decred Journal have no ability to verify all claims. Please beware of scams and do your own research.
Feedback is appreciated: please comment on Reddit
or #writers_room on Matrix
Contributions are welcome too. Some areas are collecting content, pre-release review or translations to other languages. Check out @Richard-Red's guide
how to contribute to Decred using GitHub without writing code.
Credits (Slack names, alphabetical order): bee, Haon, jazzah, Richard-Red and thedecreddigest.
The primary difference is that you will have to use different mining software with ASICs as GUI Miner does not have ASIC support. The program that I recommend is called BFG Miner and can be downloaded from the BFG miner download page. Scroll down until you reach the more recent releases and open look for the release that corresponds with the ... While Bitmain is likely to be the largest ASIC vendor (currently 70-80% of Bitcoin mining ASICs) and the first to market with this product, we have learned of at least three other companies working on Ethereum ASICs, all at various stages of development.” Traditionally, Ethereum has been mined using GPUs, but the new ASIC from Bitmain would result in even higher entry barriers for the casual ... The post Ethereum Rebounds Past $500 appeared first on BitcoinNews.com. This entry was posted in ASIC miners , bitcoin , Bitcoin News , Cryptocurrency , ethereum , market value , Markets , News on April 13, 2018 by adminbtc . As per ASIC or Australian Securities and Investment Commissions, bitcoin mining is legal in Australia. Users in the Bitcoin network, known as bitcoin miners, use computer-intensive software to ... Home » Bitcoin Shop Miner - Send Bitcoin Gdax To Binance. b>Antminer S9 Review. Travis CI. Bitcoin ist eine Digitalwährung bei der aus der Rechenleistung eines Computers in sogenannten Minen Geld geschöpft wird. Profil Bitcoin Shop Inctill bolagsprofilen. Latest TutorialMan sollte sich auf eBay auf gebrauchte ASIC-Mining Hardware konzentrieren, denn dafür gibt es dort die besseren Preise ... Today, we will be looking into how a USB ASIC miner work and if it is still profitable for mining in 2020. The Origin of the USB ASIC Miner. While at first Bitcoin could only be mined with CPU power, in 2013, a new type of mining hardware emerged the ASIC miner (Application Specific Integrated Circuit).. ASICs are special hardware designed only for mining cryptocurrencies that are based on the ... The first thing you’ll need to do is to purchase an ASIC miner. Prices vary depending on the device you choose and whether you buy new or used, but prices can range from $500 to upwards of ...
Custom Antminer cabinet 6 L3+ and 2 S9. Hot air exhausted directly out my window in order to keep room temperature low. Airflow is everything. I found moving the hot air away from the environment ... This week the Layer1 crew discusses the latest Bitfinex Social Media platform, a BTC Mining debate going into halving, $HIVE pumping 400+% on Binance listing... 🔔 Signaux de Trading : http://bit.ly/Signaux-Trading 🚀 MasterClass CryptoInvestisseur : http://bit.ly/CryptoInvestisseur 🎓 Rejoignez-nous sur : https://Tradi... ZCash have confirmed that they will not have any solution to the Bitmain Z9 Mini ASIC miners until April 2019. We should see the difficulty for mining ZCash ... #870 Binance Bitcoin Mining Pool, ... Bitcoin Informant 2,497 views. 9:17 #331 Intel macht Bitcoin Mining attraktiv, Ethereum Hardfork ASIC Miner & WM2018 - Duration: 10:21. Bitcoin Informant ... #bitcoin asic miner 2020 #bitcoin miner software 2020 #bitcoin miner android 2020 #bitcoin miner app 2020 #new bitcoin miner 2020 #most efficient bitcoin miner 2020 #most profitable bitcoin miner ... Open An Account With Binance! https://www.binance.com/?ref=22170588 ----- Sign up a... Descuento de 10% en tus transacciones de Binance: https: ... Buy An ASIC or GPU For Mining Right Now? - Duration: 12:55. Red Panda Mining 11,199 views. 12:55. Bitdeer Tutorial y Review - Minado en ... Binance: https: //www.binance.com ... El comercio y la inversión en activos digitales como bitcoin y ether es altamente especulativo y viene con muchos riesgos. Este análisis tiene carácter ... Two major ASIC miner manufacturing competitors have begin selling more powerful bitcoin miners, Ebang Communications and Innosilicon. The newest Bitmain Antminer S15 clocks in at 28 terahashes ...